Monday, April 23, 2007

Respond immediately

This is Captain Girana again, in command of the trading vessel the Ghoul. I insist the owner of the other half of this travel log respond immediately.

By the look of it, I know it is a high ranking travel log. Non-approved members handling this log would cause its destruction, along with the copy I have in my hands. By the virtual fact this log exists I know that unauthorized individuals have not handled it. No doubt some effort has gone into retrieving this. Travel logs have a strange way of "wanting" to be found. No doubt it has been found, or will be very shortly.

All of this brings some up some puzzling questions. How this fool has managed to hold on to it for so long without being discovered is a mystery. I have been assured that the magicks used to create travel logs are highly secure and damn near impossible to break. There is a mage in the group, and it is possible that he may have broken these magics, but to what purpose? If for the purpose of communicating with someone back in Mitrik (as my sources tell me these cretins are from) why would he place so much personal information here?

He has some interesting fantasies about the two ladies he accompanied. I may have to read these entries to his companions. The more strife I can create between them then the less likely they will be to escape. By the way, these two lovelies would make an excellent addition to Suderham, or perhaps even the Vault itself.

Bah! I am rambling. For whomever has this log book, please respond. If you are not able to respond, for whatever reason, please pass the following on to Stalman Klim of the council.

We have the whelps from Mitrik, the so-called "heroes of the Hommlet." They foolishly placed there complete trust in the Captain of the ship they chartered. The sleeping gas developed by our alchemists worked brilliantly! We will continue to use this in the future.

As requested, we kept all magical items in their possession. The one known as John Carter had some unusual possessions which appeared magical but did not radiate magic. It is possible they are artifacts of some sort. John Carter claims to be from a world known as Erf (what a dreadful name). I dropped one of his items into the ocean, along with some personal items belonging to the others. I have kept everything else in the portable hole that was in their possession, along with what appears to be records of our activities. It appears their raid on the Broken Rudder Inn was quite successful. I believe that area is now compromised. I recommend eliminating anyone involved with it and moving our operations to Highport.

I have divided their gold and gems among the crew. To do otherwise was to risk mutiny.

We should arrive in Highport in one weeks time, pending the weather. For now, we will see how far we can push them. The elf already seems near the breaking point. She may be willing to...acquiesce to my needs, as well as that of the crew. It has been a long time since I have been with my own kind. The human woman is a Paladin, apparently, and a very comely one at that.

Perhaps passing her around the crew would improve morale.